276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nobody But Us: A chilling and unputdownable revenge thriller with a jaw-dropping twist

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This story tackles some sensitive themes head-on with the end result being a powerful tale of detachment and retribution. There were dark deeds continually uncovered and the author took no pains to hide any of the gruesome discoveries from the reader. Ellie is a twenty-three-year-old university student in a relationship with Steven, a university professor who is almost a generation older. The story opens with Ellie and Steven heading off on a three-day trip to celebrate their six month anniversary. Hmmm… when I start a review with this opening, you may sense I stuck in the limbo balloon that I couldn’t decide what I’m exactly feeling about the book I’ve read!

I was both charmed and appalled by the sacrifices they were willing to make for each other, and even when they did horrible, deplorable things in the name of love, I got it, because their motivations were so strong, and their bond so unbreakable.Ellie and Steven are looking forward to their first weekend away but things are not quite what they seem as the break turns into a nightmare. It was completely obvious they were just looking only 100 feet ahead and didn’t plan out their runaway plan in the slightest. Ellie is getting revenge on Steven for what he’s done to countless teenaged girls, and I wanted to see him get the hell he deserves, but I could not do it. The reader must consider that when other eyes are viewing the proceedings of our lives; are our friends, our lovers, and our acquaintances really that friendly?

Another book with lots of unnecessary, repetitive detail that felt like filler to make it a novel, when it fact it would be better suited to a novella format. This proves symbolic as nothing inside or out of the book, is quite as it appears from first glance. Synopsis: When Ellie and her boyfriend Steven take their first trip together, that becomes apparent that each of them harbors secrets—and that one of those secrets is deadly. So you're telling me, you have hard proof he's a pedo and groomed/was an an accessory to your friend's death but instead of going to the police you thought it was a better idea to have sex with him for six months to lure him to the woods, tie him up, torture him and hopefully kill him?

Still, teens don't necessarily have much wisdom about the way of the world and everything can seem very immediate. Laure’s current work in progress, Eden Lost, was longlisted in 2019 Exeter Novel Prize and more recently shortlisted in the 2020 Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize. Ellie nu este ceea ce pare, dar și Steven are destule "bube" pe care se pare că fata le cunoștea foarte bine. Nobody But us led me to believe it had everything I love about a contemporary romance book; two teens in love knowing they’re meant to be together.

These vulnerabilities are, by definition, not NOBUS, and keeping them in the NSA cyber arsenal rather than disclosing them so they could be fixed threatens the security of innocent people around the world who used the vulnerable software. This is a character driven story, they are well developed, but I had a very hard time connecting with either of them for various reasons, which I will not say as I do not want to spoil for someone else. With many twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat this book is very well plotted with plenty of hints that things may at any time take on a sinister change. The book is divided into three parts, one for each day they remain at the house and starting with an appropriate epigraph. SAVAGELY GRIPPING' CHRIS WHITAKER 'COMPELLING AND PERFECTLY PLOTTED' CATHERINE COOPER 'UTTERLY COMPELLING' LOUISE O'NEILL 'ADDICTIVE' CLAIRE DOUGLAS READERS ARE GRIPPED BY NOBODY BUT US 'Wow.

I suppose the only redeeming quality about this book is that it was short (only 200+ pages on my copy from Edelweiss). Ahead of them, the promise of long, dark nights - and the chance to explore one another's bodies properly, away from disapproving eyes. NOBUS (" Nobody But Us") is a term used by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) to describe a known security vulnerability that it believes the United States (US) alone can exploit. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment