276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Percy Jackson and the Greek Heroes (Percy Jackson’s Greek Myths)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Live monsters. Two or more should suffice. Poisonous fangs and inhuman strength adds to the potency of your potion Probably the only bad thing about the book is that it's so damn heavy! My shoulders hurt from holding the book up lol (although admittedly that also could just be because I have zero muscle bulk...)

The Heroes of Olympus | Rick Riordan The Heroes of Olympus | Rick Riordan

This book was so freaking good!! I was a bit dubious going into it considering I don't know a huge amount of Greek heroes, but the stories were told in such a funny and engaging way that it didn't really matter that I didn't know the heroes. It was literally "laugh out loud" funny.

Pre-review: I have to admit I was wary when I first heard that there was going to be another companion book. Old Bessie's looking a bit dry there. Divine Form: Psyche's true form was described as an exploding supernova ring of force that vaporized every monster around her instantly. Any mortal who witnesses her in this form will die instantly. Despite her extraordinary beauty, Psyche isn't egotistical. In the past, she actually wished for regular looks because she didn't want overwhelming attention. On the way out of the Underworld, a very dirty-looking and tired Psyche decided to take some of the beauty cream for herself because unlike Aphrodite, she really needed it. Instead of beauty cream, Persephone actually put Stygian sleep inside, the essence of the Underworld, intended for Aphrodite for causing problems before. The Stygian sleep filled Psyche's lungs which caused her to pass out. It was also really educational, and the humour just made it fun to learn. Obviously it's a middle grade series, so Riordan uses a lot of modern references to keep the intended audience interested, such as saying that the Greek Gods probably spend a lot of time Googling themselves, and

Percy Jackson and the Greek Heroes (Percy Jackson’s Greek Percy Jackson and the Greek Heroes (Percy Jackson’s Greek

Hylla Ramírez-Arellano | Dakota | Tyson | Ella | Octavian | Halcyon Green | Dr. Howard Claymore | Alabaster C. Torrington | Lamia Cynocephali | Gorgon | Gryphon | Harpy | Basilisk | Lycanthrope | Gegeines | Cyclops | Katobleps | Unicorn | Giant Eagle | Ichthyocentaur | Satyr/Faun | Storm Spirit | Laistrygonian Giant | Lares Gods can't time travel! I mean, sure, it was really funny, but these kinds of jokes were used a lot. Some legends say that Hera’s breast milk sprayed across the sky und created the Milky Way. I don’t know. That seems like a whole lot of solar systems from just one squirt.IF YOU LIKE POISONINGS, BETRAYALS, MUTILATIONS, MURDERS AND FLESH-EATING FARMYARD ANIMALS, KEEP READING . . . The artist / illustration style is the same as in the other companion book about the Greek gods, but maybe a little less comical and more serious (perhaps due to the nature of the stories?). I liked both it and the colour palette as it was very varied, just like the stories. Cupid -son of Aphrodite-he wasn't one of the 12 heroes but he has bewitched me body and soul and i love ... I love... I love him

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment